Drinking Water & Human Health
Water Quality Program - Drinking Water & Human Health
Drinking Water Source Assessment and Protection Program - The California Department of Health Services (DHS) has made summaries of Source Water Assessments available to the public on the internet. The summaries are searchable by DHS District, County, System Number, or Source Number.
The Association of California Water Agencies has a website on Water Quality issues that covers topics from various contaminants such as arsenic, MTBE and perchlorate to general information on public health goals and the Safe Drinking Water Act.
University of California Cooperative Extension/Drinking Water provides an article from "Martha Stewart's Living," complete with information on how to check your water quality.
Other Useful Drinking Water Links:
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA):
- Ground Water & Drinking Water EPA Safe Water home page
- US EPA's Office of Groundwater and Drinking Water Contaminant Fact Sheets
- Health advisories EPA health advisories, or guidance values, for certain contaminants
- Secondary Drinking Water Regulations: Guidance for Nuisance Chemicals. EPA information and list of secondary drinking water regulations
- US EPA Region 9's Water Programs including Drinking Water and Ground Water Program Information
- California Drinking Water EPA information on California's Drinking Water and links to water quality reports (consumer confidence reports) from local water suppliers across the state.
- California Department of Health Services (DHS), Drinking Water Program
- Chemical Contaminants in Drinking Water CA DHS information on chemicals of current interest such as MTBE and perchlorate, as well as information on regulated contaminants and other information.
- Drinking Water Quality CALFED Drinking Water Quality Program Information
- Proposition 65 Documents Information on California's Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986