UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational programs that meet Napa County gardeners' horticultural needs using research-based information.
Stay up-to-date with the UC Master Gardeners of Napa County by joining the home gardening e-mail list.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Success With Veggies All Year Long||1/25/2014|
|Fruit Tree Pruning||2/22/2014|
There's a new blog in town...
Added December 4, 2013
Peach leaf curl Did you have peach leaf curl last growing season? If you had a severe enough problem, now is the time to apply fungicide. Historically, the most commonly used fungicides available to home gardeners have been the...
Added November 15, 2013
This blog will offer information about growing crops, recommend monthly to-do list activities, have a featured plant of the month, and offer some advice about current problems we have received at the UC Master Gardeners of Napa County help...