UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational programs that meet Napa County gardeners' horticultural needs using research-based information.
Stay up-to-date with the UC Master Gardeners of Napa County by joining the home gardening e-mail list.
Interested in joining the 2014 UC Master Gardener class?
Attend one of the information meetings to pick up your application.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources and links on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
Down the Garden Path Garden Tour
Date: September 22, 2013
|Mobile Help Desk-Wal Mart-American Canyon||5/25/2013|
|Mobile Help Desk-Wal Mart-Napa||5/26/2013|
|Worm Composting Workshop-Yountville||6/1/2013|
|Edible Landscape Design||6/5/2013|
|Home Composting Workshop-Napa||6/12/2013|