Bidding Process to Host Conference
For the 2014 University of California Master Gardener Conference, we will have a bid competition, bids are due by January 20, 2012. Look for an e-mail invitation (master gardener volunteers, UC staff and academics) in February 2012 to vote for your preferred conference location. Your votes will decide the location and host county for the next conference!
The parameters to be the winning city & county are:
- A facility in your county that can hold around 600 participants for the conference.
- Master Gardeners willing to help with the local arrangements such as staffing an information desk, and participate on the planning committee (two to three master gardeners).
- Adequate lodging, a combination of a big hotel(s), nearby overflow hotel(s), campgrounds, hostels, home stays, etc...
- The facility for the conference and lodging need to be together in one location or within a few miles from each other.
- A willingness to arrange for self supporting pre & post conference events, for example, a arboretum/garden to tour, vineyard w/ a garden(a plus), nursery, galleries w/ garden art, and/or hands on workshops such as cooking from the garden, garden design, art in the garden etc…
The 2011 UC MG Conference Logo