What's New? Public Policies and Models that Work
This section of VictoryGrower features examples of current public policies and models that are successfully promoting school, home or community garden efforts across the United States. This section also provides a place for VictoryGrower to editorialize about why the time is ripe for reconsidering the Victory Garden model. (No pun intended!)
Practice makes perfect, and best practices should be sown in other places. Use this section as inspiration to influence positive changes in your community.
Click on the links to the LEFT to access information pages and in some cases, attached files. The links you'll see include:
- Montana Food Efforts a Great Model for Hard Times (Hayden-Smith)
- Childhood Nutrition Act Reauthorization Letter (Hayden-Smith)
- The Art of Horticulture: Cornell (Hayden-Smith)
- The High Price of Rising Food Costs in the U.S. (multi-author policy brief) - Hayden-Smith)
- What's For Lunch - White Paper (Kane & Hayden-Smith)
- The California School Garden Story - PowerPoint Presentation (Hayden-Smith)
- California's Landmark School Garden Legislation - Policy Brief (Hayden-Smith)
- Survey of land use policies (Public Health Law & Policy)
Click on the links BELOW to directly access editorial and commentary pieces...
Time for a new "New Deal" vis-a-vis the food system: timeforanewdeal
Time is now for a White House Garden timeisnowforwhitehousegarden
Survey of land use policies Land Use and Planning Policies to Support Community and Urban Gardening - Public Health Law and Policy