Welcome to the Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center. Project leaders will be provided the opportunity to extend information developed from their research at Center Field Days and other meetings.
Resources are available to approved projects:
- 3,600 hours of labor
- 160 acres of irrigated pasture
- The dryland pasture and irrigated pasture are grazed with various densities and classes of beef cattle depending on forage availability and research needs.
- 270 acres of ungrazed oak
- Watersheds/riparian areas
- 4 miles of access to the Yuba River
- Protected Plots
- GIS and other databases
- 200-400 acres of control burned rangeland
2012/2013 Program Year Research Rate
The full cost rate for field research conducted at UC Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center (SFREC) for the July 2012 – June 2013 program year is $104.35/hour. Non-UC affiliated researchers will be charged the full cost rate plus NUD which is 28.5%
ANR and SFREC use funds from different sources to subsidize the research rate by $97.71/hour for all University of California researchers. Therefore, the subsidized research rate for UC researchers is $6.64/hour.
For further information regarding research opportunities, please contact:
Jeremy James, SFREC Director
Sierra Foothill Research & Extension Center
(530) 639-8803 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org