Main File Library
You may access the Main File Library button on the green navigation bar found in all of your SB3 dashboard pages:
Uploading and managing files
Simply navigate to "add new file", and upload your file. A new window will appear below the button you created, allowing to browse your computer for the file you would like to add. Navigate to your file, and once you click on it it will be uploaded.
If you are uploading multiple files, you can zip them and then upload the zip file. Site Builder will ask you if you would like to upload either the zip file or extract and upload each file separately.
Here are a few other options to help you manage your files:
- Bulk actions - you can either bulk delete files or bulk add files to a group.
- View Groups - you can create and view groups of files you've created. When you create a Group, you will be provided with a group number that will show the batch of files.
- Show File Use - you can monitor your file usage/downloads here.
- Filename - you can sort your list of files by filename.
- Show Large Thumbnail - preview your files with a larger thumbnail.
- File Code - your file path or link.
- Type - your primary file type. Jpeg, Pdf, Word, etc.
- Size - your file size.
- Updated - the last time your file was modified and updated.
You will now see the File Options page open, where you can modify and add information about your file:
- Description - write a brief description of your image. This will become the "alt tag," which will enable sight-impaired people using a browser reader know what is pictured.
- File Display Size - resize the image to pre-set sizes.
- File Alignment - option to determine where on the page the image will appear. If you select "center - no wrap," the photo will be centered on the page. If you select "right - wrap text," the picture will be on the right margin of the page and text on the page will wrap around the image. For placing the image on the left with wrapped text, select "left - wrap text."
- Link - add a link in the "link" field to automatically make the picture a hyperlink to another page, image, or file.
- Display Options - "Captions" will add a short field of text under your image, "Border" will add a border around your image, "Thumbnail with Link to Original" will create a small image of your file that will open to the original once clicked.
- Replace file - If your file needs to updated, navigate to it here and replace it.
- Add to Group - add the file to a group, where you can also create a gallery of photos into your Web site.
- Connected to Page - shows which pages are using this image.
- You can go back to the file's edit view anytime by clicking "edit view" to the far right of the file name on the main file library page.