It is helpful to have leaf, stem, and flower in your sample to be diagnosed. To assist the Master Gardener, it is important to have as much information as possible when you arrive.
UC Master Gardeners are available at plant clinics to answer gardening questions and identify your insect or plant disease problems. Bring plant or insect samples (in a sealed plastic bag or other container, please) for identification to a plant clinic listed below.
Here are some sample questions:
- Is the plant a perennial or annual, evergreen or deciduous?
- What color are the flowers if the plant has flowers?
- Is the bark thick, thin, rough or smooth?
- How tall is the plant?
- Does it stand alone or with other plants?
- Are other plants infected or infested and are these plants of a different variety?
- Is the plant in a container or in the ground?
- How old is the plant?
- How much sun exposure does it get?
- How often and how long is the plant watered?
There are many other questions to be answered, but the above questions will start you in the right direction when you seek assistance.
2013 Plant Clinics
Green Garden Festival 2013
Miwok Park, 9344 Village Tree Drive
Elk Grove, CA (map2)
Saturday April 13
10am – 4pm
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks (map 1)
Saturday, May 18
8:30 am - 11:30 am
Plant Clinic locations
To get directions to a Plant Clinic location, click on a green balloon on the map.