High Sierra Beef
The High Sierra Beef Vision: High Sierra Beef is a producer-controlled business that markets beef products of consistent quality in order to sustain family ranches.
The High Sierra Resource Conservation and Development Council (High Sierra RC&DC) and the University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) have conducted a feasibility study and are currenlty devloping a business plan for developing high-end direct marketing opportunities for the region's beef cattle producers. Specifically, this project will assist local ranchers in marketing premium ground beef to consumers through area resorts, restaurants and retail outlets.
- HSB Project Overview
- HSB Executive Summary 9/27/03
- HSB June 03 Project Update
- HSB July 03 Project Update
- Cow Numbers & Prices
Links to Similar Projects:
- Creating a Dynamic Kentucky Meat Industry An Intervention Strategy
- Romance vs Reality Hard Lessons in a Grassfed Beef Marketing Cooperative
- Yampa Valley Beef
History of Yampa Valley Beef
Yampa Valley Beef Notes Lincoln Presentation June 3, 2002
Answers from Yama Valley Beef (excerpt from email exchange)