Bi-County Fashion Revue
Date: April 27, 2013
Time: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sponsor: Placer County 4-H
Location: Magnolia Middle School
PREREGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS REQUIRED.
Deadline for completed preregistration is April 21, 2013.
The 2013 Placer/Nevada Bi-County 4-H Fashion Revue will be patterned after the 2013 State 4-H Fashion Revue qualifying guidelines in six categories:
- 2013 BCFR - Traditional Packet
- 2013 BCFR - Consumer Science $19.99 Challenge Packet *
- 2013 BCFR - Wearable Art_Embellished Packet
- 2013 BCFR - Recycled Packet_county level only
- 2013 BCFR - 2 Yard Wonder Packet ** See text below
- 2013 BCFR - Duct Tape Challenge Packet - Wearable garment out of duct tape (jacket, shirt, pants, skirt, or dress). You may choose to begin with a purchased garment or not. Additional garments, accessories, fabric and materials may be added.
- Primary Member Category (non-competitive; not a State qualifier)
* Consumer Science Purchased $19.99 Challenge: Be a wise consumer, develop decision-making skills and shop in new places with a new perspective. Create an entire outfit with out spending over $19.99. Receipts are required for all visible garments and accessories except shoes. Sales tax does not count in the limit. No prior purchases or gifts; receipts must be dated during the 2012-2013 4-H year. Check out garage sales, thrift stores, or consignment shops. Bring your own ‘special touch’ to an outfit that makes it unique and individually YOU!
** To clarify the 2 Yard Wonder, it is a sewing challenge for members in the Clothing and Textiles project, beginning to advanced. Using a 2 yard length of 100% cotton fabric, sew a garment and an accessory. You can use less fabric but not more for this garment and the accessory. There is no specific pattern requirement. Additional garments to complete the outfit may be sewn or purchased. Remember to take a “before” photo holding the yardage and an “after” photo wearing the outfit. This requirement is part of your submission.
Revue Program-Cover Contest: Attention all Artists! Design and draw a picture that portrays this year's theme "Spring In To Fashion." The winner will receive $10 and their design will be used for the cover of the Fashion Revue program. All pictures should be original artwork, drawn in dark pencil or black ink on a half-sheet of paper (5 1/2” x 4 1/2”). Don’t forget to sign your work! Submit your entry to the 4-H office by April 15, 2013. You can scan-and-email your artwork to email@example.com or mail it to Placer County 4-H, 11477 E Ave, Auburn CA 95603. Please include your name, club, and mailing address.
Specific information about all the State's Revue categories is posted at http://www.ca4h.org/Programs/Events/SFR/.
Location: Magnolia Intermediate School located at 22431 Kingston Ln at Magnolia Rd, Grass Valley 95949 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Tentative schedule for the day:
- 8:30 Open facilities
- 9:00-9:30 Participants arrive and prepare for Judging. (9:15 Judges orientation. Download the Fashion Revue Scorecard for more information.)
- 10:00-12:00 Judging, Pictures taken, Practice modeling, Workshops for all attendees including Community Service projects.
- 12:00– 1:00 Lunch Break: Potluck cold lunch – Sandwich fixings and dessert will be provided. Everyone please bring salads, side dishes, beverages and such. We do not have kitchen use so please bring an ice chest to maintain food at the proper temperature.
- 12:00– 1:30 Program Representatives complete the final review and prepare awards
- 1:00 to 2:00 Fashion Revue & Awards