Other Sites of Interest
UC Agricultural and Natural Resources
- UC Berkeley College of Natural Resources
- UC Davis College of Agriculture & Environmental Science
- Research & Information Centers - Commodity-specific focal points for UC researchers, private and public constituencies; hosted by the Dept. of Plant Sciences, UCD
- UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
- UC Riverside College of Natural & Agricultural Science
- Agricultural Issues Center - Analyzes issues important to California and western agriculture and conducts applied research.
- California 4-H Youth Development Program - Helps 100,000 young Californians become responsible adults.
- California Naturalist - Fosters a committed corps of volunteer naturalists and citizen scientists trained and ready to take an active role in natural resource conservation, education, and restoration.
- Center for Water Resources - Supports research and extension efforts in water- and wildland-related issues throughout California.
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Program - Teaches low-income families (particularly those with young children) to make the most of their food resources and meet their nutritional needs.
- Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics - Supports library and research activities in agricultural economics and the University of California.
- Integrated Pest Management Program - Develops and promotes the use of integrated and ecologically sound pest management programs in California.
- Kearney Foundation of Soil Science - An endowment-supported program that funds research and sponsors outreach activities directed to its current five-year mission (Understanding and Managing Soil-Ecosystem Functions across Spatial and Temporal Scales).
- Master Gardener Program - UC-trained volunteers extend research-based information to the public about home horticulture and pest management. The information is provided to the public in classes, via telephone hotlines, at community events and in demonstration gardens.
- Oak Woodland Management - Dedicated to the conservation of California's 10 million acres of oak woodlands.
- Office of Pesticide Information and Coordination - Coordinates and reviews ANR activities pertaining to pesticide research, experimentation, and use.
- Renewable Resources Extension Act Program - Addresses educational needs in managing the nation's renewable resources.
- Sea Grant Extension Program - The California branch of a national effort that supports advanced research on marine issues of vital concern.
- Small Farm Center - Provides production and marketing information to farmers who are not reached by traditional extension programs.
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program - Integrates three main goals: environmental health, economic profitability, and social and economic equity