Horticulture & Small Farms Programs, Placer & Nevada Counties
Farm Advisor Services
The Horticulture and Small Farms Advisor:
- assists new farmers in evaluating production sites and new crop opportunities, and in developing production experience.
- works with established farmers to improve production practices for quality produce.
- provides information and assistance to growers in implementing Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices.
- works with grower associations to develop sound business plans and effective marketing strategies.
- promotes sustainable agriculture that protects the environment, contributes to the economic viability of small farmers and preserves farmland.
- conducts farm calls to evaluate specific opportunities or problems.
- works with University of California specialists to provide reliable research-based information for agricultural producers.
For more information on production of specific crops, use the links on the bar above or go to Foothill Farming and select the appropriate crop from the drop-down list.
For Commercial Growers or those considering commercial crop production: please call Cindy Fake at 530.889.7385 or e-mail email@example.com for further information or assistance.
For assistance with home (non-commercial) gardens, vineyards, and orchards, please contact the UCCE Master Gardeners. In Placer County call 530. 889-7388; in Nevada County call 530.273.0919.
Linked data is from the California Irrigation Management Information System (CIMIS) weather stations. Visit CIMIS web site.
El Dorado County Stations
Placer County Station
Sacramento County Stations
Sutter County Stations
- Verona, Nicolaus
Yuba County Stations
- Browns Valley, Marysville