Required Systemwide Trainings:
- Compliance Briefing (all employees)
- Compliance Briefing & Conflict of Interest for Researchers
- Conflict of Interest for Designated Officials
- Sexual Harassment Prevention (required for all supervisors attached to UCD)
http://lms.ucdavis.edu (enter Course Code AB1825-DA-ECO)
- Courses for supervisors at other locations will be posted soon.
The primary objective of the office is to provide direction, guidance and resource references to each University of California entity on how to optimize ethical and compliant behavior through an effective Ethics and Compliance Program.
The goal of the systemwide compliance program is to assist in the University's endeavors to fulfill its responsibilities to the people of California in an ethics-based environment that is compliant with applicable laws, rules and regulations and in which the public trust is maintained.
Employment Practices Improvement Committee (EPIC)
The Employment Practices Improvement Committee (EPIC) is a systemwide committee made up of professionals in risk, human resources, legal, and compliance and audit, whose mission is to reduce the number of employment practices claims and improve the working experience for University faculty and staff. This committee uses employment practices claims and complaints to take a targeted approach to training by reviewing loss data, comparing it to departments and locations which had the most frequent loss experience and analyzing the data for trends. Upon discovering a particular trend, EPIC works with the campus and or systemwide departments to provide training programs to University managers, supervisors and employees.
- Interviewing & Selection of Job Applicants: Avoiding the Pitfalls
- Issues in Handling Academic mployEees
- Cyberspace and Beyond: Handling Electronic Communications and Media Issues
- Pitfalls of Restructuring Post-Layoff
- Whistleblower and Retaliation
- The Toxic Employee
Office of Controller & Business Services
ANR Resources supporting compliance: http://ucanr.org/compliance