Committee Chair: Rachel Surls
A) Reviews Cooperative Extension programs as requested by DANR administration or Council.
B) May identify and study programmatic areas of special concern as defined by the Council.
C) Is authorized to study FTE and budget allocations to the various CE program areas.
D) Administers and approves travel funds for approved professional society meetings.
E) Manages, solicits and selects recipients of awards and honors as directed by Council.
Policy and Procedures Handbook of the Academic Assembly Program Council Committee, May 29, 2008 Committee_Handbooksv4
2011 ANR Distinguished Service Awards
Awards were given in six areas:
- Outstanding Extension – Walt Bentley, area IPM advisor based at Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center
- Outstanding Research – Steve Koike, plant pathology farm advisor for Monterey and Santa Cruz counties
- Outstanding New Academic – Jim Bethke, floriculture and nursery advisor for San Diego and Riverside counties
- Outstanding Team – Money Talks. The Money Talks team is composed of Charles Go, workgroup chair and 4-H youth development advisor for Alameda County; Margaret Johns, nutrition, family & consumer sciences advisor for Kern County; Keith Nathaniel, 4-H youth development advisor for Los Angeles County; Shirley Peterson, nutrition, family & consumer sciences advisor emeritus; Brenda Roche, nutrition, family & consumer sciences advisor for Los Angeles County; Karen Varcoe, consumer economics specialist based at UC Riverside; Patti Wooten-Swanson, nutrition, family & consumer sciences advisor for San Diego County
- Outstanding Leader – Richard Enfield, county director for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties
- Outstanding Staff – Connie Costello, program representative for consumer economics
Each of the recipients will receive $2,000 and a certificate, except for the team award recipients, who will receive individual certificates and share $5,000.