4-H Creed Competition
Stanislaus County 4-H is holding the Creed Competition in January 19, 2013 at the County Ag Center. Registration begins at 1:30, competition starts at 2 pm. Entry forms are due January 10, 2013. All Clubs are invited to participate and/or come to watch.
There will be two Categories with two divisions in the competition. New this year is a non-competitive category for Primary members to participate in at the event. (No awards other than participation acknowledgement is given to Primary members.)
Category One will be for members reading or using a written version of the Creed.
Category Two will be for members reciting the creed from memory.
Category Three will be for Primary members (reading or memorized)
Categories One and Two will be split into two Divisions
Division One = 4th grade or 9 years old through 8th grade.
Division Two = Presently attending High School.
There will be a Danish system of judging. There will be County Winner (Medalist) potentially awarded in each Category and Division. To receive the medal, the presentation must warrant county winner status. If you were a County Winner (Medalist) last year, you must move up to a higher division.
To Participate: Each member will recite the 4-H Creed and be asked a series of three questions from the judges. A list of questions that could be asked is at the link above.
Do you know the 4-H Creed? It really is something all of our members should know.
~The 4-H Creed~
* I believe in 4-H Club work for the opportunity it will give me to become a useful citizen.
* I believe in the training of my HEAD for the power it will give me to think, plan and to reason.
* I believe in the training of my HEART for the nobleness it will give me to be kind, sympathetic and true.
* I believe in the training of my HANDS for the ability it will give me to be helpful, skillful and useful.
* I believe in the training of my HEALTH for the strength it will give me to enjoy life, to resist disease, and to work efficiently.
* I believe in my country, my state and my community and in my responsibility for their development.
* In all these things I believe, and am willing to dedicate my efforts to their fulfillment.