ANR Competitive Grants
Flexible Start Dates Planned for 2013 Grant Cycle
While the proposal solicitation and peer review processes will remain similar to former years, ANR will enable PIs to select a start date from two possible timeframes (April 2014 or August 2014). The flexibility in start dates is to provide the time needed to find graduate students and modify project goals to align with seasonal considerations and to facilitate the collaboration between PIs and partners, both internal and external.
Tentative 2013 competitive grants cycle:
- June 2013 – call released
- August/September 2013 – application submission cycle
- October/November 2013 – technical peer review
- December 2013/January 2014 – strategic initiative review and recommendations
- February 2014 – Program Council review and recommendations
- March 2014 – announcement of funded grants
ANR will continue to invest in research, education and outreach projects to support high-priority issues that are consistent with the Strategic Vision; encourage collaboration among academics; support short-term, high-impact projects; strengthen the research-extension continuum; and contribute policy-relevant outcomes that address significant statewide agricultural, economic, environmental and social issues in California.
See the ANR Update for the full message from Vice President Barbara Allen-Diaz