Marin Master Gardener Community Service Projects
Marin Master Gardeners provide community organizations with educational outreach, consultation, knowledge and skills to create a healthy environment for Marin County.
What are the criteria for Community Service Projects?
- Community Service Projects must be with and for a non-profit organization, community group, town or government agency within Marin County.
- Community Service Projects shall fall into one of three designated categories:
Short-term projects - less than 18 months
Mid-range projects - one to four years
Special co-sponsored on-going projects
- All Community Service Projects must include a community educational outreach plan and include several of the following components:
Drought tolerant plants
California native plants
Native plant habitat gardens
Renovation and/or restoration of native plants
Garden and/or irrigation design
Garden and/or irrigation installation
Composting, mulching, and/or worm bins
Disease and/or pest management
Pruning and maintenance
- Community Service Projects must follow the research-based horticultural guidelines of the University of California Cooperative extension.
What else do I need to know?
Marin Master Gardeners will help on projects within the limitations of our resources, as volunteers are available. Marin Master Gardeners will not be a source of materials or supplies for projects and will not be solely responsible for the maintenance of a project.
How do I contact you?
Please email the Master Gardener Help Desk at HelpDesk@marinmg.org or call (415) 473-4204.
What information do I need to provide?
Please provide the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Your organization’s name
- Type of organization
- Location of proposed project, public accessibility
- Goals of your project and what Master Gardener involvement would you like to have
- Expected duration of the project
How much do you charge?
There is no charge for participation in Community Service Projects with Marin Master Gardeners.
Thank you for thinking of Marin Master Gardeners! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions.
Locations and projects are listed below: