School Garden Workshops
Gardening 4 Educators
FREE Gardening Workshops
Presented by University of California Master Gardeners
Redwood High School
1968 Old County Road
Redwood City, 94063
Space is limited to 25 participants for each workshop, so sign up now!
2012-2013 Workshop Schedule: ( Workshop Flyer)
- 9/22/2012 School Garden Workshop 8:30am-Noon; Seed Study, Culinary Herbs, Good Soil Practices, Seasonal Food: Buckwheat.
- 9/22/2012 Hands-On Harvesting and Planting Clinic 1-3pm; Propagation for the Fall/Winter Garden, Planting Broccoli, Kale, other leafy greens, Culinary Herb Demonstration.
- 10/20/2012 Crop Clinic 10am-Noon The Great Bean Harvest; Cooking with Beans, Harvesting a Variety of Beans, Planting Fava.
- 11/3/2012 School Garden Workshop 8:30am-Noon; Colonial Use of Plants, Botany, Composting, Seasonal Food: Lemons.
- 11/3/2012 Hands-On Harvesting & Planting Clinic 1pm-3pm;Winter Squash Harvest, Planting Onions & Garlic, Flower Bulbs for Early Spring, Poisonous Plant Awareness.
- 2/9/2013 Crop Clinic 10am-Noon; Harvesting & Cooking with Broccoli and Kale, Plant ID, Recipes with UCCE Nutrition Program Representatives.
- 3/9/2013 School Garden Workshop 8:30am-Noon; Earth Day & Trees, 5 Senses & Science in the Garden, Solar Power, Summer Care Plans, Seasonal Food: Lettuces.
- 3/9/2013 Hands-On Harvesting & Planting Clinic 1pm-3pm; Lettuces, Propagation Seeding Tapes, Quick Crops.
For more information:
Contact Master Gardener Volunteer, Betsy Colby