The UCCE Master Gardeners of San Mateo & San Francisco Counties are UC-trained volunteers dedicated to teaching and helping home gardeners.
Do you need help with your garden? Have a pest problem? Curious about what will grow well in your region? Ask us!
Heart of the City
Urban Garden Walk
Garden highlights include:
- an entirely self-contained hydroponics garden at Project Open Hand;
- community gardens;
- a green haven with a 60-foot Redwood tree at the Tenderloin National Forest
- urban water conservation demonstrations;
- hidden gems full of innovative gardening concepts at Organic Mechanics;
- two of TNDC's gardens which distribute free, fresh produce to Tenderloin residents.
The 1.4-mile walk will be approximately 1.5 hours in length and begin and end at UC Hastings Snodgrass Plaza (198 McAllister Street), where there will be educational stations showcasing a variety of urban gardening topics as well as a sale of locally grown plants and seeds for fall and winter gardens.
$20 (kids under 12 get in free)
Proceeds benefit UC Master Gardeners & TNDC
Growing Edibles and Gardening Sustainably --
We offer classes and workshops at Lyngso Garden Materials. For more information, check here and on the 'Calendars' on the top gold navigation bar.