Marin's Traditional, Sustainable and Organic Agriculture
Grown in Marin is a comprehensive resource for Marin agriculture serving farmers, educators, and the public. This website hosts a complete listing of Marin producers and where to find their goods, current articles and press relating to sustainable agriculture, a regularly updated events calendar, historical profiles of Marin County agriculture, archived "Grown in Marin" newsletters, workshop listings, and a variety of other useful resources.
- Read the Point Reyes Light's take on Marin's new producer label, GrownLocal Marin.
- North Bay cheeses make it on the Marin IJ map of fresh spring cheese.
- Read about Barinaga Ranch, a tour destination from the 7th Annual Artisan Cheese Festival in the Press Democrat.
- Listen to the Farm and Foodshed report on KWMR featuring Grown Local Marin and upcoming farm- and food-related events.
- Read about Grown Local Marin - a new overarching trademark identifying food providers as local - in the Marin IJ.
- Listen to RCD Executive Director Nancy Scolari and Peter Martinelli of Fresh Run Farm speak about what a recently awarded grant will mean to Bolinas farms and to the Coho salmon and steelhead that spawn and mature in Pine Gulch.
- Hear Corda, Dolcini, Grossi and McDonald Families Reveal West Marin Ranching and Dairy Life Over 150 Years on KWMR's West Marin Report.
- Listen to Part 1 and Part 2 of the West Marin Report with MALT's Bob Berner on the State of Agriculture in West Marin.
- Watch ABC's take on Marin cheesemaking - In the Nicasio Valley, cheese is the new wine.
- Take a video tour along the Marin and Sonoma Cheese Trail.
- Listen to Part 1 and Part 2 of the West Marin Report with UCCE Director David Lewis and RCD Executive Director Nancy Scolari on the newly published A Half Century of Stewardship programmatic review in this first installment of a two-part series on KWMR.
- Check out this just published local book on Farmstead and Artisan Cheese.
|Maintaining Your Edible Landscaping||5/22/2013|
|Agricultural Institute for Teachers||5/28/2013|
|Learn Container Gardening Using Succulents and Companion Plants||6/8/2013|