EFNEP helps youth acquire knowledge, skill, the right attitude, and behavior to create nutritionally sound diets.
Students learn to:
- Develop healthy eating habits
- Choose healthy snacks
- Increase physical activity
- Practice safe food handling
Target AudienceThe youth program aims to enroll youth who come from limited resource families in rural and urban areas.
EligibilityYouth must be between ages 5-18 and qualify for at least one of the following:
- Attend a Title 1 school in which 50% or more of the students qualify for free or reduced price lunch or breakfast.
- Receive free or reduced price school breakfast or lunch.
- Come from families receiving food stamps or other federal assistance.