An Introduction to DANRIS-X Annual Report
Annual Report is one of three modules of the new DANRIS-X programmatic reporting system; the other modules are Annual Plan and CASA.
DANRIS-X enables ANR academics to more fully document their activities and impacts and to record, in one place, information needed for several purposes -- CE Advisor program reviews and annual assessments as well as county, state and federal reports.
The Annual Report module is designed to capture information about your activities and accomplishments as they occur each year. All records that you enter in Annual Report will be stored indefinitely. You can retrieve records for any given year (fiscal or calendar) or any multi-year period or other time span.
Information captured by Annual Report includes two levels of reporting:
1. Reporting on Individual Projects/Programs That You Defined in Your Annual Plan
- Exten./Res./Creat. Activities - extension, research or creative activities you conducted in the Project/Program
- Outcomes - positive changes you accomplished for clientele or the general public as a result of the Project/Program
- Publications - popular articles, newsletter stories, UC Delivers, peer reviewed scholarly journal articles, other peer reviewed publications, technical reports and articles, abstracts, or any other writing that was published or produced in the course of, or as a result of ,one of your Projects/Programs
- Grant Support - funding or in-kind support you received as grants for the Project/Program
- Multi state Extension Activity - collaborative efforts with CE personnel in other states that you conducted in the course of the Project/Program
- Project/Program Narratives - any comments and/or collaborators you wish to record about your work on the Project/Program.
2. Reporting on Your General Efforts Not Specific to a Particular Project/Program
- University and Public Service - Activities in which you led or contributed to University committees, workgroups, task forces or other efforts, or in which you used your professional expertise to benefit groups or efforts outside the University.
- Professional Competence - Activities that increased your professional competence or that reflected your professional standing.
- Annual Evaluation Narratives - any comments you wish to record about changes in your position responsibilities, your administrative accomplishments, your self-assessment of your program, any barriers or obstacles in accomplishing your program goals, and any other narrative information.
3. Retrieving Data
Data Recap - You can retrieve and view all the Annual Report records you have entered in DANRIS-X for a particular fiscal year . You can save the output to your computer as a Web page, a MSWord document, or an Excel file.
Academic Annual Evaluation Data - You can retrieve your relevant DANRIS-X records in the Academic Annual Evaluation template for Sections A & B and/or Section C. You can download the template as a MSWord document in order to revise as desired. You can then upload the document to the Program Review web page.
Additional Retrievals of Data - You can selectively retrieve records from the current and past fiscal years. You can filter and sort your records in different ways. You can search and aggregate data at the individual, county, regional and statewide levels. You can save the output to your computer as to a Web page, a MSWord document, or an Excel file.
4. Getting Help
You can come back to this Help document at any time by clicking the Help button that appears at the top of each page in DANRIS-X. A new window will open in which you will see the Table of Contents of this Help document.
For guidance on reporting information that may serve your needs for program review, refer to the "E-book Guidelines for Preparing Your Program Review" (http://ucanr.org/sites/anrstaff/files/1151.pdf ) or contact your county director.