Rules & Information
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- A 4-H member may participate in Share The Fun (as a team) and one other presentation category at the County Presentation Day, either as a team or as an individual.
- A team is composed of two or more members (preferably no more than three).
- Presentation lengths vary. Check the time limits for your presentation (see enclosed).
- The subject of the presentation must be from a project in which the member has been or is currently enrolled.
- Presentations should be well prepared and well rehearsed. They should not be read, use of notes will be judged down.
- 4-H uniforms are encouraged. It is not required but it will look better to the judge who will be judging your presentation.
- If you do not wear your uniform, be sure to dress neatly.
- You are responsible for you equipment. Please be sure to mark all you equipment for identification.
WHAT HAPPENS AT PRESENTATION DAY?
- Upon arrival go to the registration desk in the gym to check in, pick up a program and find what classroom you will be demonstrating in.
- Go directly to your classroom and take a seat. Judging will begin roughly at 10:30 a.m. Check your program to see where you are in the schedule.
- Your presentation will be announced by the room coordinator. When your name is called you will set up your presentation at the front of the classroom. No parent help is allowed here. If you need help moving or setting up your presentation, request it from the room coordinators. They are there to help you.
- Easels will be provided for you to set a display on as part of your presentation. A table will be provided also but you must provide anything else.
- Three judges will be assigned to a room. They will ask you questions about your presentation once you are finished discussing it. Always repeat the question the judge has asked you before giving your answer.
- EXAMPLE: Judge asks, "How many years have you been in this project?"
- You respond with, "The question was 'How many years have you been in this project?'. I have been in this project for 2 years." If there are two or more of you giving the presentation decide beforehand who will answer the first question, second question, etc.
- After your presentation clean up your area quickly and quietly. You may sit in the classroom and watch the other presentations or move to other classrooms to watch other presentations. No one will be allowed to enter classrooms during a presentation. The door will be opened between presentations and closed at the beginning of the next presentation. The gym will be available and refreshments may be purchased. Once all demonstrations are judged everyone will go to the gym to see the "Share the Fun" entries and the awards ceremony.
- Each room will have two room coordinators. They will be responsible for introducing the presenters to the judges. They are also responsible for clean up of their rooms.
- Divisions will be based on your year in school:
- Group A: Kindergarten - 3rd Grade
- Group B: 4th - 6th Grade
- Group C: 7th - 9th Grade
- Group D: 10th Grade and Up
- Judging will be on the Danish System. (The Danish System is judged against a set standard and not against another entry.) Scoring will be made on the following categories:
- Excellent -- Gold Medal
- Good -- Silver Medal
- Fair -- Bronze Medal
- All gold medal winners may participate in Regional Presentation Day. Specific information as to location and time will be available at SubRegional Presentation Day.
JUDGES & ROOM COORDINATORS NEEDED
We will need many volunteers to assist us. Leaders are encouraged to be judges and non-demonstrating members are encouraged to be room coordinators. If you would like to be a judge please fill in the entry form and check the judge category. Potential judges will be contacted.
4-H members who are not demonstrating and wish to be a room coordinator should fill in the entry form and check the room coordinator category.