Fresno County Fashion Revue
Fashion Revue 2013
“Timeless Fashions: Celebrating 100 Years of 4-H!”
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013
Yosemite Garden,2100 Fowler Ave., Clovis
Participants Check-in at 11:00 p.m.
Fashion Show at 2:00 pm
Please join us for another fun and exciting fashion show, showcasing our 4-H talents! All members are encouraged to participate in the Consumer Science $19.99 Purchased, Style Show, Wearable Art (embellished), and Duct Tape Challenge categories. Members must be in the Clothing & Textiles Project to participate in Traditional and 2 Yard Wonder Challenge categories. There will also be table setting, centerpiece, and quilt competitions. All entries are due no later than February 13th. Entry forms available in MS Word (FASHION REVUE ENTRY FORM 2013 WORD) or PDF (FASHION REVUE ENTRY FORM 2013 PDF) Commentary must be included with entry and no more than 150 words. Quilt, centerpiece, and table setting entry forms available at http://ucanr.org/frspecial. Age divisions are as of December 31, 2012: Juniors age 9-11, Intermediate age 12-13, Senior 14 and up.
This year, the Fresno County Fashion Revue committee has elected to run the venue more like State Fashion Revue. The categories will be the same as SFR, but with the addition of the Style Show category. Participants will check in at 11:00 a.m. and given their judging order. Lunch will be served to participants only. Participants should be prepared to deliver a 30 second presentation of their outfit and answer any question from the judges. (Please refer to the State Fashion Revue guidelines for reference at http://www.ca4h.org/Programs/Events/SFD/SFR/.) Parents will not be able to stay during judging due to space and schedule constraints but are encouraged to return to join us at 2:00 pm for the fashion show.
- Traditional: The entry must be sewn and modeled by the member as part of his/her 4-H Clothing and Textile project. Participants shall bring the patterns used for the outfit and swatches of fabric.
- Consumer Science Purchased: Purchase an outfit for $19.99 or less, excluding shoes and sales tax. Receipts for all items showing except shoes are required, with purchases made during the 2012-2013 4-H year. Participants shall bring a copy of the receipts, but encouraged to include with entry and commentary.
- Wearable Art: Embellished entry must start with a purchased garment. Be creativity and change the look of the outfit. Duct tape entries are not eligible.
- 2 Yard Wonder: This is a Challenge category using a 2 yard length of 100% cotton woven fabric, 44/45" wide. Sew a garment and an accessory using only this fabric. You can use less fabric but not more for the garment and accessory (no additional fabric for lining). There is no specific pattern requirement. Additional garments to complete the outfit may be sewn or purchased. Take a "before" photo of the member holding the piece of fabric and an "after" photo wearing the outfit. The entry must be sewn by the member as part of his/her 4-H Clothing & Textiles project. Participants shall bring “before” and “after” photos to judging.
- Duct Tape Challenge: Create a wearable garment out of duct tape such as a jacket, shirt, pants, skirt or dress. The member may choose to begin with a purchased garment or not. Additional garments, accessories, fabric and materials may be added.
- Style Show: Participants may model any outfit that fits their personality. It may be made by others or purchased. This is not a State Fashion Revue category.
Quilts, Table Settings and Centerpieces will also be judged. Please register at http://ucanr.org/frspecial. You may also give a presentation to the judges.
Quilts: Any quilt made by the member may be entered.
Table Settings: You may use any theme. White table cloths will be on the tables. A 2 feet x 2 feet space for one place setting and centerpiece will be provided. Member must set-up own table setting and centerpieces must be made by the exhibitor, not purchased or pre-made. Items in the arrangement may be purchased or pre-made. Exhibitor must bring place mat, silverware, dishes, napkin, cup, centerpiece, a card with a menu that would be served at this meal. Menu must be printed on a recipe card and should be balanced to the food pyramid. This will count as 1/3 of score and the balance of score based on proper setting, attractiveness, and originality.
Centerpieces: You may use any theme. White table cloths will be on the tables and a 2 feet x 2 feet space will be provided. Scoring will be based on originality, overall effect, suitable for purpose, quality construction, and use of color/texture.
All possible caution will be taken for displaying entries. Since we can not be responsible for breakage or theft, we encourage members not to bring good china or silver.
An email response will be sent to each participant confirming your entry and with more information regarding the day of Fashion Revue. If you do not receive that confirmation by Monday, February 18th, please contact Brooke Prewitt at (559)787-3717. If you have any questions, please contact Krisi Costa at (559)332-2303 or Brooke Prewitt. We look forward to seeing you and having another fun, successful Fashion Revue!