- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) has released its first request for applications to the 2011 Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) grant program.
The first RFA is for the AFRI Foundational Program, which addresses six priority areas:
- Plant health and production and plant products
- Animal health and production and animal products
- Food safety, nutrition and health
- Renewable energy, natural resources and environment
- Agriculture systems and technology
- Agriculture economics and rural communities
For more information about the AFRI Foundational Program, visit http://www.nifa.usda.gov/funding/rfas/pdfs/11_afri_foundationaL_final_1-7-11.pdf.
All AFRI program information, including the anticipated release date of the Challenge Area RFAs and the NIFA Fellowships Grant Program RFA, is available on the NIFA Web site at www.nifa.usda.gov/afri.