Morgan P. Doran
County Director, Advisor for Livestock and Natural ResourcesCooperative Extension Solano County
501 Texas Street
Fairfield, CA 94533-4498
SpecialtyLivestock, beef cattle, sheep, nutrition, range management, irrigated pastures, grazing systems, ranch water quality.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plants and Their Systems
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Animals and Their Systems
- Animal Management Systems
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Watershed Protection and Management
- Management of Range Resources
- Doran, M.P. (2011). Targeted grazing for weed control and wildlife management. Determining demand for USDA-inspected beef slaughter in an 18-county region of California.: 9.
- McCreary, D.D., W. Tietje, et al. (2011). "Tree shelters and weed control enhance growth and survival of natural blue oak seedlings." California Agriculture 65(4): 192-196.
- Doran, M.P. (2010). Targeted grazing for weed control and wildlife management. Proceedings, California Invasive Plant Council Symposium,
- Doran, M.P. (2011). Grazing lands and the conditional discharge waiver: Who, what, when and how? Napa County Farm Bureauâ??s Grower Advocate newsletter. Fall 2011
- Doran, M.P., W. Erwin, et al. (2011). Regional Food Forum Report, Yolo County. Yolo Ag and Food Alliance.: 28.
- Doran, M.P. (2011). Vines and Ovines: Using trained sheep for vineyard floor grazing. Western SARE.: 5.
- Doran, M.P., L. Hazeltine, et al. (2010). Strategic grazing of alfalfa by sheep in Californiaâ??s Central Valley.: 5.
California Agriculture Article Contributions
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Animal Agriculture Coordinating Conference - Member
- Beef Safety and Quality Assurance - Member
- Livestock Production Systems - Member
- Natural Resources Coordinating Conference - Member
- Oak Woodland Conservation - Member
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- Rangeland Watershed Program - Member
- Weed - Member