Berkeley, CA 94720-3114
Environmental Science, Policy and Management (ESPM)
SpecialtyGIS, remote sensing, landscape ecology, wetlands, deforestation
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Program and Project Support, Administration, and Communication
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Management and Control of Forest and Range Fires
- Aquatic and Terrestrial Wildlife
- Conservation of Biological Diversity
- Geographic Information Systems
I am a geographer, trained in geospatial technologies and natural-human system interactions. I am interested in functional mapping of environment, participatory research, and integrated geospatial technology. My approach to research and outreach is applied and collaborative. The systems I focus on vary in type and scale, and include Sierra Nevada forests, San Francisco Bay wetlands, the California delta, and urban neighborhoods, but all of them are managed landscapes with a complex spatial structure that can be mapped using geospatial tools, and all of them have an interested group of stakeholders for whom the research results have importance. Through innovative and integrated methods, I provide data and expertise to understand the drivers and consequences of environmental change across California’s spatially complex, socially diverse and dynamic landscapes.
- Bio-Security in 4-H Animal Science 1: Understanding Disease...
- Bio-Security in 4-H Animal Science 2: Livestock Disease:...
- Bio-Security in 4-H Animal Science 3A: Maps, Good...
- Bio-Security in 4-H Animal Science 3B: Maps, GPS, Good...
California Agriculture Article Contributions
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Monitoring Landscape Change - Chair
- Forest Ecosystems and Communities - Member
- Land Use Planning - Member
- Natural Resources Coordinating Conference - Member
- Oak Woodland Conservation - Member